Thursday, September 19, 2019

You happen to meet a successful person who is disabled. Write an imaginary dialogue between you and that person.


You happen to meet a successful person who is disabled. Write an imaginary dialogue between you and that person. 



You: Good morning Vaibhav, how are you?

Vaibhav: I'm fine Srinivas, how are you today?

You: First of all Congratulations on winning the Mumbai's Youngest Chess Champion Tournament.

Vaibhav: Thank you, Srinivas, that's an honour.

You: Tell us something about your disability, how did this happen?

Vaibhav: I lost use of both the legs in an accident when I was five years old. A pillar fell on my legs and I was rescued only after 4 hours. If I was saved earlier, this would not have happened.

You: That's sad and very unfortunate. 

Vaibhav: Yes, it was very sad and unfortunate at that time, but now it's a blessing. I started playing chess only after the accident. Having just to sit and not being able to walk I started playing chess with my mother and see where I am today.

You: Do you follow any particular player or do you have a favourite?

Vaibhav: I follow every grandmaster and all of them are my favourites, because when I noticed them carefully, I realised that all of them had something special about them and they were all champions.

You: What kind of support did you receive?

Vaibhav: My main support were my parents and siblings, friends came in later. I thank my friend Bharat for taking me to the chess coaching camp one summer, which he did everyday in the afternoon just so that I could play and enjoy myself.

You: You seem to be winning a lot of tournaments now. What's your message for the children of today?

Vaibhav: The only message I have for everyone today is to do something. That's it. Get up every morning and try to do something and when you find that one thing that makes you loose your sleep, go after it.

You: Vaibhav, that's wonderful and really motivating. I hope everyone reading this interview will learn something today. Thank you Vaibhav.

No comments:

Post a Comment